A super wide-angle prime designed for Nikon F-mount DSLRs, the XP 14mm f/2.4 from Samyang pairs an advanced optical design with simple, intuitive handling. Incorporating 18 elements in 14 groups, this lens utilises a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements to reduce colour fringing, aberrations, and distortions for sharp, clear, and colour accurate imagery. An Ultra Multi-Coating is also featured, as well as a built-in lens hood, to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in bright, direct lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging assets, a manual focus design is employed that permits working with subjects as close as 11″ away, and the aluminum-alloy housing is both lightweight and durable to support working in a variety of conditions.
- Super wide-angle prime lens designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- The complex 18 elements, 14 groups optical design includes two aspherical elements, one hybrid aspherical element, two extra-low dispersion elements, and three high refractive index elements, which all combine to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations and color fringing, as well as improve sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 11″ away.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood blocks stray light from reaching the front element and also offers some physical protection against light impacts.
- Aluminum-alloy housing is both durable and lightweight.